Re: Topband: Receivers

To: "w9ge" <finger@goeaston.net>, "JT Croteau" <jt@w6cfo.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Receivers
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:23:38 -0500
 > that this ham will not be working inside my Orion but I
can fix my B/C line.
> Thanks Tom. 73 bob de w9ge

Same with me. I get sick of working under a magnifier on
things with parts that look like bug droppings.

I've actually been having fun with boatanchors lately. It
gives you a good perspective of how things have improved
over the years. It's quite a rush to work DX with a barefoot
Globe Scout and an old  NC303.

We sure came a long way in selectivity, and the filters in
the R4C were a milestone in good filter shape. Just sorry it
has that 50kHz injection at the second mixer.