RE: Topband: Receivers

To: "w9ge" <finger@goeaston.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: Receivers
From: "Garry Shapiro" <garry@ni6t.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:32:25 -0800
There used to be and may still be lots of cool mods to the TS930S available
from Inrad. I have:

* tuning rate mod--a little board. Responds to rate of turning the big knob!
Turn the knob fast, and kHz/turn goes up, slow down, and it slows down.
Selectable rated. Very effective.
* memories mod--a few cut traces and added wires. Doubles the number of
frequency memories
* main VFO lock--allows locking of the A frequency. Very useful for split
pileups.

I still have this TS930S. It never had the legendary digital board
throughole problem. I had intended to add the PIEXX mod, but never did, and
probably never will. Anyone want to buy it?

Garry, NI6T