Re: Topband: 160m noise

To: "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m noise
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:10:00 -0600
Of course -- IF the interfering signal is only at a single frequency, and if
you have time to
tune each and every choke to each and every line. Rarely do the stars line up
that way.
My ham station operates from 160 meters to 450 MHz. I want more bandwidth from
suppression, not less. If all I was trying to do was keep a single broadcast
station out of
a single length of line and I needed a lot more suppression than a good
resistive choke
could provide, I might consider your suggested method. Otherwise, I think your
method
is more an academic exercise than a practical one.

Jim