Topband: More HS72B

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: More HS72B
From: df3cb@t-online.de (df3cb)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 22:25:09 +0100
In addition to Robin's news there are some more from Dietmar, DL3DXX, at
HS72B. Dietmar writes:

        "The (powerline) QRM on 160 suddenly stopped at 18:30 UTC and we could
hear
really well due to the good receiving antennas. The band first opened to
UA4, then OH and LY, YL. The YLs, LYs were unbelieveably loud. Propagation
then shifted to Central Europe and then I heard/worked only DL stations with
a few, weak ON, OK, SP in between. I guess this was festival for all DL's
who happened to be on the band. Then there was a short opening to South East
Europe with OM, HA, SV, I4. No way for S5, 9A, YU. At the end, propagation
shifted to ON, F, G and closed with GW. The ON und G stations were very
weak. The band then closed at 22:00 UTC, one hour before our sunrise and
without any sunrise peak. We hope to get more such nights!

        We still haven't found the source of the noise! We can work topband
only if
the QRM disappears. We have a separate 160m station and watch the band
continously. We immediately start to call CQ on 1816.5 when the noise goes
away.

        The crew is in a very good mood. Unfortunately the high bands were not
good
today. No US on 17m or 12m and Europe is weak as well."

--

I have set up a little website for HS72B with news, photos and an online log
search at

        http://www.df3cb.com/hs72b

We actually planned to update the HS0AC website at qsl.net until Ray,
HS0ZDZ, suddenly got a severe heart attack before the SEANET convention.
Let's pray for a speedy recovery of Ray!

73 Bernd DF3CB