Topband: More HS72B

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: More HS72B
From: "Ragnar Otterstad" <otterstad@enter.vg>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:00:25 +0100

        We still haven't found the source of the noise! We can work topband
only if
the QRM disappears. We have a separate 160m station and watch the band
continously. We immediately start to call CQ on 1816.5 when the noise goes
away.

Last night ( EU time) I finally made it through to HS72B.  I guess it was
Dietmar at the key as he greeted me with my name !

As with 9N7BCC, I have found  that unless I am receiving s fairly good
signal , it has been a total waste of time calling.
With 9N7BCC it took a 599 signal here for me to be heard and with HS72B I
needed a 5 7/8 9 signal.

For what it is worth !

If only VK9XG could show up also !!!  hi

73

" RAG "  Ragnar Otterstad   LA5HE JW5HE OZ8RO

My photo website:
http://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he

Located in Telemark - Home of skiing.
For more information about Telemark take a look at :
www.visittelemark.com     for more details.