Topband: ARRL 160 & JT1CO

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ARRL 160 & JT1CO
From: "Ken Claerbout" <K4ZW@Staffnet.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 12:33:57 -0500
  Chak just provided me with a copy of his log for the ARRL 160 contest.  He
had 69 QSO's and 21 sections.  Not at all bad for zone 23!  If you would
like me to check the log for you, drop me an e-mail with the QSO
information.
  Now to the inevitable question, how do you get a card?  His request is for
cards to be sent direct but as most of you know, the success rate is pretty
low.  In the past I've collected cards and sent them via International
Express Mail as a bundle.  That seems to work pretty well.  If you would
like to go try that, send me the following:
1.)  your QSL card
2.)  AIRMAIL SAE (please do not affix US postage.  The card will likely be
mailed from Mongolia)
3.) $1 for return postage (IRC is OK for outside US but please make sure it
is one of the new larger style).
4.)  A small donation to help cover the cost of sending the Express Mail
package to Mongolia.

  You are NOT guaranteed 100% success if you go this route but historically
the return rate has been many times better.  I should also stress that I am
NOT Chak's QSL manager.  Lately I have been receiving cards for him from the
W4 bureau.  They are being returned to sender.  I'm just trying to leverage
my friendship with him in order to help out those having difficulty getting
a card.

73
Ken K4ZW