Topband: HS72B contest night #2

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: HS72B contest night #2
From: wb6tza@socal.rr.com
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 18:10:15 +0000 (GMT)
9 new calls in the log, all between 15 and 16Z..  W7DT, when you called again
at 1604, how far after your sunrise was that?  Searchlight effect again... and
some folks had the lens adjustment knob remoted to their shack...  K7IDX, I
want to know what software you used to tweak the reflector?  your signal was
easily 10 dB or more above everyone elses.  There were more calling, Im sure I
heard N6FF, but all I copied was FF once, never heard a readable signal again.
Having W7WA and W7AWA in the same weak signal pileup can be interesting...

the new rx antenna didnt..  all these were made on either one of the short
north beverages, or the trusty old low dipole... the low dipole has held its
own throughout this trip.   I have just now changed the new beverage to a more
conventional configuration, will see if that makes it work, otherwise, Ill have
to conclude that it is being shielded by the 120 KV lines.

The noise tonite was much lower, or more specifically, the loud buzz was mostly
absent...  I thought we might actually hear something,  but the same nothing
until the sunrise peak along the northwest coast

had another minor failure right at starting time, had to fix a radio to put an
op back to work instead of calling CQ into nothing right at 11, I called CQ for
2 hours starting a bit after `12..  nothing heard on any of the spotted freqs
for the big guns

back on tomorrow, will focus much harder on the 1045Z and just after time now
that there wont be a contest in the way

Robin