Topband: HS72B Topband Status Report from DL3DXX

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: HS72B Topband Status Report from DL3DXX
From: df3cb@t-online.de (df3cb)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 19:36:25 +0100
Hi,

this is the latest HS72B topband status report from Dietmar, DL3DXX. Please
check your QSOs in the updated Online Log Search at

        http://www.df3cb.com/logsearch/hs72b/news.php

and

        http://www.df3cb.com/hs7b

9N7BCC and 9N7CQ go QRT in a few hours at about 00 UTC. Despite the
depressing noise level they could log some 680 topband QSOs. Please check:

        http://www.df3cb.com/9n7bcc

73/GL Bernd DF3CB

---

Dietmar writes today at 03 UTC:

        "We are only able to work 160m for few minutes every night when the
noise
source stops. Sometimes just a few seconds, sometimes an hour, totall
different. Nevertheless 448 topband QSOs are in the log plus (Dec 5, 01 UTC)
150 QSOs from CQWW.

        I called some stations but couldn't complete the QSOs in some cases
because
I couldn't copy the answer anymore when the noise started again. So please
check the Online Log. Please call us again if you don't find yourself in the
Online Log. Please do not call us again if your call is in the log to give
others a chance.

        The noise is very depressing. As soon as the garbage stops I begin to
call
but the noise (S9+) can return as soon as I start to listen again... Luckily
there are noise interruptions otherwise we had not a single QSO so far. Our
hope to find the noise source with all the univercity students gone home
this weekend couldn't be fulfilled.

        The next attempt is to build a remote Beverage.

        On 80m we have almost 1,400 QSOs, 1,100 on 40m and more than 2,100 on
30m.
30m never closed last night."