Re: Topband: sloper puzzler

To: <topband@contesting.com>, "Earl W Cunningham" <k6se@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: sloper puzzler
From: "Ryszard Tymkiewicz" <rtym@ippt.gov.pl>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:46:26 +0100
Earl,thanks a lot again for your advices..

> The only top loading in addition to his TH6DXX on SP5EWY's
> tower is a17/12 meter dualband beam and his tower is still slightly
> shorter than 1/2 wave electrically,

I have not EZNEC here but that A3WS is a little bit bigger as it has also
traps for 30m ,so maybe the system is slightly longer..?
When I used omega the shunt was on about 6 meters height and the capacitance
between the tower and ground was 100 pF..the capacitance in line was 80 pF.
OK,I will try to connect the shunt to the top and if it works with just a gamma
I'll try
again tests to compare with sloper.
In the meantime I added the second sloper to the West direction..I have not
noticed
a difference with EU signals but this morning I was able to work ZK1 /we have
propagation
to the South-West/ whom I was calling last few days with East sloper and he was
not
able to copy me well...maybe it is just a coincidence.
I removed also yesterday 160m  Half Sloper and my 160m system completly got
detuned! even
sloper was disconected by relays..The resonance was around 1930 kHz and I was
not able
to tune it down moving the shunt and changing capacitance,so I had to add about
8 meters
wire from the top as addditional capacitance/inv L/.

                      73 GL
                      Rys

                   SP5EWY
                 rtym@ippt.gov.pl