Re: Topband: buried radial problems.

To: "Enzo" <ik3swb@tiscali.it>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: buried radial problems.
From: "Don K5AQ" <donhall@myriad.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:18:25 -0600
Enzo,

I have a similar situation with a BC station on 1620 about 2km away. I use the MFJ-731 SWR Analyzer Filter to help me find the resonance of the vertical to a first degree. Then I use my rig and SWR meter to find the resonance more closely.

I think you are getting completely erroneous data on your 259B because of the BC station.
You might try repeating the tests at night when it is not on the air at all to see if this gives you more reasonably readings.

You can reply offline to me directly if you want to discuss further.

73 Don K5AQ