Re: Topband: buried radial problems.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: buried radial problems.
From: "Enzo" <ik3swb@tiscali.it>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:51:31 +0100
Hi everybody,

Radials that are elevated or insulated need to be resonant...
The elevated radials are resonant, actually I put them up to discover why the grounded system didn't work. The grounded ones have different lengths: 40m (131 f), 20m (66 f), 10m (33 f) and they are buried 5cm.

Insulated wires laying on the ground will have an electrical length
that is hard to predict so resonance length is problematic...
As they are insulated, should I put a little ground rod for each to perform the efficency?

I also tried to tune the antenna using the directly RTX with 10W, but I didn't solve the problem.

73 de ik3swb