Topband: OO4UN and I2ZFD into Boring Oregon

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: OO4UN and I2ZFD into Boring Oregon
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 07:41:23 -0800
> Strange 160 m band. Signals were all skewed to the South... Most
> Northerly station  (on the West coast) must have been Tree, N6TR...
> good siganl...

This was a very strange opening for me.  I heard many "small" stations
to the south of me calling Europens.  With the high K index, I didn't
expect to hear anything in Europe, but was hoping for 5T5SN or PZ5RA.

However, around 0500z, I could suddenly hear OO4UN and I2ZFD with good
signals.  IT9ZGY was also coming through.  After about 5 or 10 minutes,
the signals went away for the rest of the night - except for a few
bits and pieces of G3PQA before going to bed.

Remember - the NAQP CW contest runs this evening to 0600z.  Hope to
work lots of the regulars down there.  100 watts is the maximum
power for this contest.  Exchange is your name and state/prov or
just your name if you are DX.

73 Tree N6TR