Topband: 160 test some thoughts

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 test some thoughts
From: "Michael Bazley" <vk6hd@iinet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 09:20:35 +0800
I must admit to two negatives at this Qth.
1. QRN S9 to S9+ throughout the contest.
2. My age!! The term "OM" really fits!
On the positive side, running USA was made easier by:
1. the DX window,
2. the orderly manner of the USA stations calling...if I went back "RT", only
the station with "RT" in the callsign called..thanks guys es girls.
The points question...if I want to maximize my score I only need to work one JA
es then concentrate on USA/VE to get multipliers.
A great contest, thanks to all. Cannot put in a score as I had the cluster on
the computer and am not multi-op unless the coffee supplied by the xyl counts
as outside help!
No new ones unfortunately.
73 es dx de Mike VK6HD