Topband: Toploading of shunt fed tower

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Toploading of shunt fed tower
From: "Jarda Semotan" <ok1rd@sxg.cz>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:44:45 +0100
Let me take a share in discussion the toploading of shut fed towers.
I am using currently shunt fed tower 27m high top loaded by the biggest
Mosley`s antenna PRO96S-30. All works excellently for several years and accepts
" full " power. I measured this system and found that my 160m TX antenna ( used
for TXing only ) is 130 degrees electrically long.
Nevertheless I have ordered in Fluidmotion Antennas  ( in touch Mike ) a
MonstIR antenna to test and compare parameters both antennas in practice.
I am trying to find answer to the same question if shunt fed tower with a new
MonstIR on a top could be tuned by SteppIR system and mainly if MonstIR
withstand the high power of 1,8MHz frequency. The weakness what I foresee is
BALUN  matching but I guess that decoupling trap tuned into 160m band could
help.
I will invite any know-how which this problems are concerned.

 73  Jarda, OK1RD