Re: Topband: 160M 9V1 & DX Contest at W3LPL

To: "Ford Peterson" <ford@cmgate.com>, "Richard Zwirko" <dz@VOA.GOV>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M 9V1 & DX Contest at W3LPL
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:33:03 -0800
> Rich-K1HTV wrote:
>
> ...snip...
>
> > Paul,
> >  Congrats on working 9V1GO on the Topband. Quite an accomplishment!
> > One of the things I miss by moving from New England to MD are the
> > propagation advantages of being a little bit closer to the northeast.
> > It's amazing what differences a few hundred miles can make.
>
> Whine limiter off...
>
> Let me get my violin and play you a tune!  Can you hear it playing just
for you guys in the east?

> Imagine adding about 1500 miles to get to MN.  How's about 3000 miles to
get to the left coast.  Even HEARING EU is an event!

> Whine limiter engaged...
>
> Ford-N0FP
> ford@cmgate.com

Yeah, Ford, reading Rich's message was kind of like listening to
Hugh Hefner complain that he lost one of his many 20 something
bunny girlfriends to another man. I tried feeling sorry for him, but
I was really struggling :):)

73 de Mike, W4EF/6

P.S. I shouldn't complain too much, Mexico, JA, and KH6 are
pretty easy to work from here in California on Topband :)