Re: Topband: 160M 9V1 & DX Contest at W3LPL

To: "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M 9V1 & DX Contest at W3LPL
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 00:41:23 -0600
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:33:03 -0800, Michael Tope wrote:

>Yeah, Ford, reading Rich's message was kind of like listening to
>Hugh Hefner complain that he lost one of his many 20 something
>bunny girlfriends to another man. I tried feeling sorry for him, but
>I was really struggling :):)

Yeah, get out the violins.  CU2M actually heard me calling him
Saturday night with 100 watts to a bastard long wire from a Chicago
city lot but couldn't copy my call. I was thrilled, and at the same
time frustrated, because my amp's P/S had blown up earlier that day.
It would have been my first EU on 160. And he is still the only EU
I've HEARD on 160.

Jim Brown  K9YC