Re: Topband: Antenna Analyzers

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Antenna Analyzers
From: SavageBR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:01:13 EST

In a message dated 3/31/2005 11:32:15 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
w5un@wt.net writes:

P.S.  I wish both MFJ and Autek would make a
>more positive  power switch...it's too easy to
>accidentally turn the power on with  either one.

I solved this problem on the MFJ 259B when not in use, by inserting a
passive,(no connections, no wires) external power plug into the "External
Power"
jack. The external power plug disconnects the internal batteries when the
external plug is inserted. So, if the Power Switch is accidentally turned on,
nothing happens. The MFJ 259 does not turn on and the internal batteries are
protected. Of course one must remember to remove the plug when in  use.

Bruce,  AA4Z