Topband: Cone of Silence

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Cone of Silence
From: "D Andersen" <w7dddd@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:56:29 -0700
Hello,

I experimented with the cone of silence many years ago with a very low
Beverage (1 inch high).  To my amazement I could easily see when I had
reached the correct length.  The ZL and VK signals were reduced a
significant amount when I had it right.  I have another 35 degree(Europe
from Az) Beverage to compare it with.  Phased Beverages would be better but
using both "Cone of Silence" and "Phased" should be very nice.  I still use
the "Cone of Silence" Beverage today.  I used the cut, test and compare
technique for length adjustment.

Don, w7dd