Topband: W8JI FT1000MP MKV Click Modification

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: W8JI FT1000MP MKV Click Modification
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 01:40:19 -0700
I put some "before and after" keying waveform images for the
W8JI FT-1000MP MKV key-click mod. Keying waveforms for both
the normal "mid-word" rising edge, and the "hard-edge" leading
character are shown. The radio still clicks pretty bad, but only
on the leading characters that follow a word-space (or longer
pause. Mid-word characters don't cause clicks with the mod
in place.

http://www.dellroy.com/W4EF's-Ham-Radio-Page/FT1000MP-MKV/FT1000MP-MKV.htm

Any help with curing this leading character problem would be
appreciated.

Thanks and 73,

P.S. I've checked Tom's instructions several times to make sure
that I followed them correctly. I couldn't find any discrepancies
between what I did to the radio and what he said to do in the
instructions.