Re: Topband: W8JI FT1000MP MKV Click Modification

To: "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: W8JI FT1000MP MKV Click Modification
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:10:08 -0700
From: "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>

> You can hear this delay by setting 7-4 to 30, click MONI "on" and use
> a keyer with a sidetone. MONI will let you hear a tone based on MP
> timing going out, whereas the keyer sidetone is synchronous with the
> key input. In the MP with MONI "off" the tone you hear is also synch
> with the key input.

Guy,

I just re-tested my FT1K MKV with the menu settings adjusted for
maximum delay (7-4 = 30ms and 7-5 = 5.1 seconds). It made NO
difference I must have some other problem. I am going to have to pull
the cover off the unit and look at the individual gate control voltages on
the RF and IF stages. Perhaps that will narrow it down as to which stage
is causing the problem.

73 de Mike, W4EF...........