Topband: Shunt Fed Tower

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Shunt Fed Tower
From: "Stan Stockton" <stan@aqity.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:23:13 -0600
All of my reading materials are at my station and to save a trip want to ask
if someone has a general idea off the top of their head what will be
required to feed (for 160M) a 60 foot 25G tower that has a small tribander
at the top and another tribander about half way up.

I have a friend who is going to get on the band and I told him I would send
him what he needed in the way of capacitors, etc. to accomplish it.

I wonder whether the tower is electrically long enough to get by with a
simple shunt feed even with the wire going to the top of the tower.

If someone has a pretty good idea of a cookbook recipe to get him in the
ballpark, please let me know and I will ship him whatever he needs out of my
"parts storage".

Thanks...Stan, K5GO