Topband: West Coast openings

To: "Topband Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: West Coast openings
From: "Garry Shapiro" <garry@ni6t.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:55:19 -0800
I know it is naive to ask, but, since it is supposedly the Season of Joy and
since we seem to have good condx to Europe...

During the rare occasions when the West Coast actually has a real opening to
places, like Europe, that are unavailable most of the time due to the
auroral oval, etc., it would be a wonderful expression of Ham Spirit if East
Coast stations could forego their fifth, tenth or 50th QSO with stations
that are routine to them but rare to us, and give us a crack at them.

There are, after all, almost 60 counters in the Euro area that are generally
unavailable to suffering Left Coasters.

An act of kindness comes back to the giver manyfold...

Season's greetings,

Garry, NI6T