Topband: Condx 1/11/06 -Castalia Chronicle (apologies to the BoringRepor

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Condx 1/11/06 -Castalia Chronicle (apologies to the BoringReport)
From: "Dan Kovatch" <w8car@buckeye-express.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:09:41 -0500
In a break with discussion of RMs and whether split frequency is a PC idea
this is a report on band condx last night. During 0413Z to 0719 Z  I worked
32 different stations in 16 different countries last night. Wish I could
bottle nights like this and call it 'Topband Brew'

Condx were outstanding with many EU signals sounding like locals and in some
cases louder than stateside. The band was extremely quiet and amazingly the
northern EU stations seemed to have the better signals. Went to bed before
the full EU sunrise so I'm sure I missed some activity but I had worked all
I could hr and then some.

Now, where do I put my order in for condx like these during CQWW 160??

Dan W8CAR

 full list of countries worked:

OH, ON, DL, I, SM, 9H, LA, UT, PA, UA, CT, F, OZ, OM, YL, S5 (5B4 hrd but
not worked)