Topband: Condx 1/11/06 -Castalia Chronicle (apologies to the BoringRepor

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Condx 1/11/06 -Castalia Chronicle (apologies to the BoringReport)
From: "jon jones" <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:35:17 +0000
"During 0413Z to 0719 Z I worked 32 different stations in 16 different countries last night. Wish I could bottle nights like this and call it 'Topband Brew' Condx were outstanding with many EU signals sounding like locals and in some cases louder than stateside." - W8CAR

I DX AM the broadcast band on evenings too windy to fly my balloon vertical. On Jan 11, the 1314 kHz 1.2 megawatt station from Kvitsøy, Norway was very strong to Kansas around 0630 UTC. It was solid copy on a hand held AM pocket radio.

- Jon N0JK