Topband: aluminum wire for antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: aluminum wire for antennas
From: "Paul DeWitte K9OT" <k9ot@mhtc.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:03:25 -0600
I have used miles of aluminum wire for both antennas and electric fence.
Bill is right that if you kink it it will break at that spot.
I do use aluminum for beverage antennas. I have quit using it for fence
wire.

It is not as strong as either galvanized steel wire or copper.
If you put much stress on it, it will streach. So if this is a TX ant the
length will change and so will the resonant freq.

73 Paul K9OT