Re: Topband: Cushcraft MA 160V efficiency

To: "Top Band Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Cushcraft MA 160V efficiency
From: "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 04:12:15 -0600
Asked,

"I see  Cushcraft has a new 160m vertical
that is 30 -36 ft tall with 3 foot stinger on top
directly above coil  with short capacity spokes -

given  say 40 radials,  as in PORTABLE operation -
with decent ground conductivity beneath  - what are we talking
here -  SINGLE digit  radiation efficiency ?  say 5%?? under
10 % efficiency ?  Thirty six  feet is about 0.067 wavelengths !!!"

Hi,

You're talking 5% system efficiency.

73,    Roy     K6XK/0