Re: Topband: MFJ-1026 Noise Cancellation

To: "Tod" <tod@k0to.us>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: MFJ-1026 Noise Cancellation
From: Charles Bibb <zedkay@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 08:49:15 -0600

>I made some notes and put the notes and a couple of pictures of the displays
>on my web site at the following URL if anyone is interested.
>
>Tod, KØTO
>
>http://www.k0to.us/HAM/Noise/NoiseExample/MFJ-1026_example.htm

Interesting results, Tod

I have had exactly the opposite experience with my MFJ-1026.  In fact, at
my QTH I have found it to be absolutely, totally useless.  Worse than
useless, actually, in that in NO CASE was my S/N ratio better when using
it, and 90% of the time worse because of reduction in signal strength via
the main antenna. At first I thought it was just "pilot error" on my part,
but I've tried and tried and tried some more to use it during parts of two
seasons on 160, always with the same conclusion.  I've finally decided that
it doesn't help in my situation because I seem to have bad line noise
coming from nearly ALL directions, and, as I understand it, the 1026 only
works against a single point source.

Anyone else have the same experience?

Charles - K5ZK