Topband: CQWW160

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: CQWW160
From: UA6LV <ua6lv@dx.ru>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:38:02 +0300
Dear fellow contesters.

Just one week left before the one of the most interesting and
exciting contests √ CQ WW 160 CW, so we would like to know how
the contest community feels about LOG checking of this contest.
According to our observations √ the LOG checking in this contest
is not being done AT ALL! Adding unverifiable QSOs (mostly multipliers)
is becoming standard routine in CQ 160 for a lot of stations,
mostly from Eastern Europe.
Examples:
VU2BGS only made 15 QSOs in 2004 CQ 160 Contests, but his call ended
up appearing in the 70(!) LOGs.
In 2005 we decided to conduct some kind of experiment and sent
COMPLETELY FAKE contest LOG of  RA6YP. This station has never been
active on Topband. The LOG contained some 1000 QSOs.
And √ what do you think ? His call appeared in the Final results with
almost 500 ⌠confirmed■ QSO! All the U.S. multipliers were confirmed.
RA6YP had a pretty decent result in a M/S category.
So we lost our last doubts┘
Dave (K4JRB), the Manager of this Contest, says that they are on too
tight budget to be able to fully check all the scores.
For now we see two possible solutions to this problem:
1. Increase the budget for this contest (obviously, this is a question
    to the sponsors of the contest);
2. Give the LOG checking procedure to the people in the U.S.A. or some
   other country (for instance, Russia) who can provide quality LOG checking
   and judging of the contest on existing budget.

We, who signed this message, are no strangers to the Topband. We have one of
the best receiving and transmitting antennas, but we are unable (and we do not
want) to compete with the jerks who use Callbooks or DX Cluster to fill their
LOGs.
Something needs to be changed!

73!
RA6AX  John