Re: Topband: [CQ-Contest] CQWW160

To: "UA6LV" <ua6lv@dx.ru>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: [CQ-Contest] CQWW160
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:41:42 -0800
From: "UA6LV" <ua6lv@dx.ru>

> Dear fellow contesters.
>
> Just one week left before the one of the most interesting and
> exciting contests √ CQ WW 160 CW, so we would like to know how
> the contest community feels about LOG checking of this contest.
> According to our observations √ the LOG checking in this contest
> is not being done AT ALL! Adding unverifiable QSOs (mostly multipliers)
> is becoming standard routine in CQ 160 for a lot of stations,
> mostly from Eastern Europe.
> Examples:
> VU2BGS only made 15 QSOs in 2004 CQ 160 Contests, but his call ended
> up appearing in the 70(!) LOGs.

Very sorry to hear that, Vlad. I wonder if these 55 or
so bad QSOs were the result of some operators with
overactive imaginations (I think VU2BGS was coming
back to me with a report so I will put him in the log)
or whether these were examples of outright cheating
(saw it on the packcluster so I put him in the log)?

> In 2005 we decided to conduct some kind of experiment and sent
> COMPLETELY FAKE contest LOG of  RA6YP. This station has never been
> active on Topband. The LOG contained some 1000 QSOs.
> And √ what do you think ? His call appeared in the Final results with
> almost 500 ⌠confirmed■ QSO! All the U.S. multipliers were confirmed.
> RA6YP had a pretty decent result in a M/S category.

I would think that a bust rate of 50% would warrant a
disqualification. Thatis pathetic. I hope Dave will take
you up on your offert to help with log checking.

> We, who signed this message, are no strangers to the Topband. We have one
> of
> the best receiving and transmitting antennas, but we are unable (and we do
> not
> want) to compete with the jerks who use Callbooks or DX Cluster to fill
> their LOGs.
> Something needs to be changed!

Too bad people have no pride and have to cheat. I
don't understand why anyone would want credit for
a QSO they didn't make.  Strange psychology.

Hope to make a real QSO with you guys in the
contest this weekend.