Topband: 8R1EA LAST NIGHT

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 8R1EA LAST NIGHT
From: "ah8dx Craig Maxey" <ah8dx@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 17:19:23 -0800
Thanks to all the guys that made it into the log last night on the top band! 153 calls were logged on both cw and ssb. I noticed heavy qsb on both phone and cw. I even went out to the antenna to make sure it was still up.Heavy QRN and static crashes constant also. I planned to put up an inverted L but it just did not work out so I put up an inverted V instead that had a gud swr in the cw band, even though it still wasn't too bad around 1.845.

Even some EU stations made it. Loudest signal last night was WA4TT on cw 579. Hopefully it will be better tonite. I have been on 1.815 calling cq on cw but as of yet no takers. Hopefully cdx will get better as the night continues. Still looking for South Pacific at my sunrise.

Gud Luck to all top banders!

Craig, AH8DX & 8R1EA