Topband: Detuning a grounded gamma-matched tower.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Detuning a grounded gamma-matched tower.
From: "Ryszard Tymkiewicz" <rtym@ippt.gov.pl>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:16:59 -0100
Hi All,
As my new phased K9AY is located quite close to the tower I'v decided
to detune the tower as is described in John's book (page 7-94 , Fig 7-135).
My gamma-match attachment point  is 9 meters high. My question is what is the
best way
to measure a capacitor using AUTEK VA-1? I connected AUTEK in series with
variable capacitor and I'v found  the minimum impedance for C 400 pF on 160m(
Z=45 ohm) and
C 70 pF on 80m (Z= 30 ohm). I'm just not sure if connecting VA1 in series with
gamma line
the measurement error is not too big?

                        73
                         Rys