Re: Topband: 160 mtr low signal - CW Pitch

To: Topband 160 <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 mtr low signal - CW Pitch
From: Jim McDonald <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:43:38 -0700
One benefit of a low pitch is the relative difference of pitches when
operating in the presence of QRM.  If you are listening to a pitch of,
say, 300 Hz, and the QRM is 100 Hz from the station you are copying,
you'll hear the QRM with a pitch of 100 Hz, which is one-third of the
pitch of the desired signal.  If you were using a pitch of 600 Hz, then
the 100 Hz of the QRM would only be one-sixth of the desired signal, and
you could ignore the QRM easier, or so the theory goes.

Jim N7US