Topband: FK8CP and tubes for his amp

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FK8CP and tubes for his amp
From: "Ron vk3io" <vk3io@iinet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 05:57:19 +1100
Hello Topbanders, now that I am back in the land down under, having returned
from China and I am please to find all my antennas in good working order and
Top Band sounding good to me and on my first night hearing YV2IF (549)
working Tom W8JI (589) and having a few USA east coast qso's.

I did this morning talk to my old 160 friend Remi FK8CP who I have not heard
for many years, but who was very active  on 160 in the 90's up until the
year 2000.

He seems to have become active again, but has found he has a problem with
his amplifier and is now looking for a used pair of 3CX800A7 tubes which he
says have corroded due to the salty air.

He does not have an email and probably does not have the internet, but his
telephone fax number is: Country code 687 and number 281033 if anyone can
help.

As you all know, activity from the mid pacific has been very poor since Remi
left the band back in 2000, so his reappearance may spark a new activity
interest from that area.

Obviously since he has been away his CW has not improved, so when he gets
back on it will be a struggle, but many years ago he did  persist and each
day his auto calling was like a beacon and he gave many top banders a new
country.

Cheerio from Ron