Topband: Need Some Help with an HF 2V

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Need Some Help with an HF 2V
From: n2ouv@optonline.net
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 06:09:42 +0000 (GMT)
Hello to the list,

I was given an old butternut HF 2V with the 160 meter coil from a ham friend of
mine. It has 2 problems right off the bat I need ask the list about. The first
is the 200pf door knob caps on 160 meter assy. have separated. They are not
broken or cracked the plates just came unfastened from the ceramic portion. I
am wondering if this can be repaired? I'm trying to avoid buying them as I know
they're pricey.

The next problem is that my freinds XYL became annoyed with the antenna and
dragged it along the ground apperantly by the 40 meter coil. The 40 meter coil
got streched out and I can't determine exactly how many turns its supposed to
have. I can easily rewind it if I know the amount of turns.

Wondering if someone on the list has this antenna and could take a peek for me
and let me know.

TIA and 73,

Joe N2OUV