Re: Topband: arizona report

Subject: Re: Topband: arizona report
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:17:20 -1000

>I like to compare DX propagation on 160 to the tiny beams of light
>peeking through a very dark and stormy sky, moving as the clouds
>move across the sky. Each part of the earth may be illuminated by
>propagation for only 10-20 minutes, and it can be VERY spotty.
>
>73,
>
>Jim K9YC

It has been interesting to hear all the activity, but as far as hearing
any of
the EU out here in KH6, they have been very few and only for a few
minutes at most.   Heard SM5EDX for a burst about 15 minutes after
my sunset, same for DF2PY, and a couple others, just the "gray line"
burst from 30 seconds to a few minutes then gone, have not stayed up
late (past 0800-0900) so not sure whats on after that past few days.
Did work KP2ZZ with a very nice signal,  heard V31 but he didnt
hear me it seemed before he went QRT.
Have maybe a few more weeks and then going to cut down the 290
foot towers, too much to maintain in the shape they are in, and too
much to light at Hawaiian  electric prices.  Will put something up again
over the ground system, probably 1/4 wave vertical.  So will be back
on again later this year.
    73  Merv K9FD/KH6