Topband: Arizona brain "twist"

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Arizona brain "twist"
From: PACER99@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 16:42:57 EST
Hey guys,

Last night was fun in the contest. There were a few contacts that "twist my
brain." For example, if the call contains the letter J as the second in the
prefix it seems impossible for me to recognize it on the first try. Maybe not
after the second or third try either. Does this happen to you also? Sorry to
the
KJ7 who was S9+ but my mind-finger coordination refused to work.

The funniest was when I was called by ?N3OK. This station was a true S9 on
the meter. When he gave me the section I could only recognize the letter U so I
supposed that he was in Utah, he was that loud. Switching the beverage from NE
to NW (for Utah) his signal vanished. Huh? What state starts with the letter
"U" and is in the East coast of the US? My mind was racing. I lost it! Now I
was totally in the brain "twist" mode. After four repeats I finally figured it
out and I still don't believe it. Don't forget that he was S9. RN3OK was
giving me UA as the section.

That's the game, always fun. If you have the letter "J" as the second in your
prefix and you decide to call me please QRS and have patience. I will get
right sooner or later.

See you'all tonight.

73, Larry, N7DD