Topband: 2n5160 ?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 2n5160 ?
From: "Dan Zimmerman N3OX" <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 03:57:14 -0500
I'm interested in building a couple of Dallas Lankford's active
dipoles as seen at:

http://www.kongsfjord.no/dl/Antennas/Complementary%20Push-Pull%20Output%20Active%20Whip%20And%20Dipole%20Antennas.pdf

They look like they might be useful active antennas for RX on 160m.

The 2n5160 is available from this American Microsemiconductor company
for about $9, but I wonder if there's a cheaper option with a little
bit of performance sacrifice.

Any recommendations for PNP devices that could be used instead of the
2n5160 in this application, or are PNP RF transistors of this sort
just more expensive than their NPN counterparts?

I'm trying to get away with a single Mouser order...

Dan