Re: Topband: QSLing

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: QSLing
From: Phil Wilson <wilphilson@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:33:43 -0500
Wes,

Unfortunately, some folks just plain won't QSL !  I have tried
repeatedly to get a card from one west coast ham - multiple SASE's,
e-mails and even included a $ in one SASE - all unanswered !  At some
point you just have to cut your losses and move on...

On another note, I might suggest that you or anyone else in need of a
few more states (or all of them - hi !) for your 160m WAS look into
the 3905 Century Club 160m nets.  They meet every night on 1.892 at
0300Z and 0600Z and are basically a WAS net.  One of their
requirements to participate is that you do QSL with the stations that
you work on the nets.  You don't have to be a member of the Century
Club to participate.  The also have a website where you can get
information about the Club and it's operations -
<www.3905ccn.com>  Great group of friendly, helpful folks - a lot of
fun plus they have a marvelous in-house QSL bureau !  Check it out
!  Good luck on your remaining states !  I just recently completed my
160m WAS with a modest station, low power and wire antennas - lot's of fun !

73,
Phil, K6CRA
located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of VA