Re: Topband: What's best (your opinion)

To: <topband@contesting.com>, "Dave Blaschke" <w5un@wt.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: What's best (your opinion)
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 06:54:23 -0500
On 15th February, Dave wrote:

> I am on 1.823.5 calling CQ and working stations. A station shows up at
1.823.8 and another at 1.823.2, both with S9+20 db signals, and calling CQ.
What current radio, and with which roofing filter(s) can  handle this
situation best?

*******************************

Hi Dave,

Now, wait a minute --- we ARE talking about 160-meters, THE GENTLEMAN'S
band, right...?

What true gentleman, in good conscience, would proceed to honk out a CQ a
mere 300-Hz from an (obviously) occupied frequency? Wouldn't a good operator
have preceded his string of CQs with a "QRL?" on the frequency first, or at
least a couple of "IE"'s...?

I don't think YOU have any problem(s) with your receiver whatsoever,
Dave --- it's the guys above & below you who have either technical issues,
or don't appreciate proper etiquette on this, or ANY band...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ