Re: Topband: Beverage question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage question
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:28:48 -0500
Hi All,

My 1300' N/S Beverage runs half through open meadow, & half through an
overgrown cedar bog...

The BIGGEST disadvantage of running through the cedars is the density of all of
the  foliage/branches! That, and the fact that it's VERY easy to become
dis-oriented while in the "...thick" of it all (no pun intended), and in so
doing, stray off of a atraight-line path...

As for results, well, a Beverage through trees is certainly better than no
Beverage at all, in my humble opinion...I can't do any side-by-side comparisons
of a "stand alone" wire to the one I have, so this qualitative observation
(such as it is) is all that I have to submit, I'm afraid...

As someone said earlier here, it pays to have as many antennas --- and THEN
some! --- as one can on 160-meters...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ