Re: Topband: This morning on 160 meters

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: This morning on 160 meters
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:46:52 -0500
What Bill says is true. My first night on PJ4 our friends down at HP1XX were
listening to me
and heard tons of guys calling me that I didn't hear because our beverage was
not up yet.
On Thursday night we had the beverage installed and I could here just about
anyone from
the USA that called - even the QRPers.... Unfortunately, I didn't have a EU
beverage.

Thanks for all the tips on RCV antennas from everyone a couple weeks ago.. We
ended up putiing up a 500 foot beverage down the road behind the PJ4G station
antennas. This road ran into a valley which had cliffs that blocked all
directions except for the USA. What a great RCV antenna. I could hear everyone
from the USA - even the QRP guys.

Thanks for all the QSO's.    Jeff    KU8E  (aka PJ4/KU8E)