Topband: Working TP from out of town

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Working TP from out of town
From: F3WT <ars.f3wt@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 22:09:21 +0100
>  Distance from their qth to first ocean boundary
>  for the path to my qth (~6800 Km - ~4200 miles)
> CALL        Km        Miles
> K5ZD        63          40
> KC1XX      110          68
> K1KI       187         115
> KT1V        37          23
> K1TO       190         116
> WJ9B       125          78
> ----------------------------
> W3LPL      620         385
> K3LR      1390         865
>
> (I didn't check the two PEI's and the VE2.)

1° An hypothesis for Bob not having heard the latter 2 is already
suggested in his partitionning
of his list: W3LPL and K3LR are significantly more inland.

2° PEI is Prince Edwards Island  , an IOTA dream !
I was able to  work N.A. up to now only  with VY2ZM ( K1ZM ) on PEI .
My qth is Versailles running my  stealth  horizontal  wire-loop
antenna ( cloudburner) in TP contest or CQWW 2005 and Bill, W4ZV in
2006.
  I remember it was great!

Larger Europe ( incl. UA's) has been fine though.

73

Pierre, F3WT