Re: Topband: Moon and the Ionosphere : YO3FFF

To: "cris blak" <cyo3fff@yahoo.com>, "Nick Hall-Patch" <nhp@ieee.org>
Subject: Re: Topband: Moon and the Ionosphere : YO3FFF
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:05:48 -0400
> As I described in a previous e-mail, one can use a known
> signal generator trough a coupler mixing it with the
> beacon's signal from the antenna. Together with a 1Hz
> filter for each carrier one can have a good approximation
> of the measured signal (of the beacon). The signal coming
> from the demodulator will be measured with a voltmeter or
> by PC's soundblaster. All stages should work linearly
> without any compression.

Actually I'm looking for the specific tool, not so much a
general idea.

I would like to know because I have been thinking a long
time about comparing the signal level on three antennas,
dipole at 300ft, a dipole at 130 feet, and a vertical.

I thought about an attended high power beacon on 1999kHz
with Internet reporting system, but perhaps it would work to
use a receiver and record the signal levels from distant
transmitters.

73 Tom