Re: Topband: Pennant performance observations/issue

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Pennant performance observations/issue
From: "Donald Chester" <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:42:25 +0000
From: Ralph Matheny <mathenyr@marietta.edu>

As you say, the loops/flags/ are a great tool in a tight situation, as here in town with little space. Use >them all the time, even for 75 meter
rag chews!

Ralph Matheny
K8RYU

Has anyone been able to use these antennas get good nulls for relatively short skip distances (150-1000 miles) on 160? What about 80/75?

I have had some good results with directional receiving antennas for local groundwave signals such as noise sources and AM broadcast stations, but have never found anything that was particularly useful for nulling out skywave signals at relatively close distances, to improve readability of a station (local or DX) that I am trying to hear through crowded band conditions.

I have used shielded loops and beverages, but never tried pennants or flags. Would they be worth the effort?

Don k4kvy

i'm making a difference.?Make every IM count for the cause of your choice. Join Now. http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0080000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=hmtagline