Topband: rigs for top band

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: rigs for top band
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 05:28:36 -0700 (PDT)
Bottom line...when the '2000 was announced, I started putting money
aside to buy one.  After using one for a couple hours, I changed my
mind.  I'll keep my MK V a little longer.

  I was also tempted when the 2000 came out...  Went and played with one a bit,
then decided to keep my appropriately modified, MK-V...
  Likewise, when the Omni VII was announced I went to TT and played with it,
but decided the Orion was still a better rig for my contesting...
  So, the contesting bench is currently the O2 and the MK-V...
  Now if only the op was world class like the radios  :(

  denny / k8do