Re: Topband: RX Antenna for DXepedition

To: "Topband@contesting.com" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RX Antenna for DXepedition
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 08:05:52 -0700
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:07:37 -0400, GEORGE WALLNER wrote:

>I know that I will have to eat my earlier words and
>QSL (or get somebody to do it)!

Do it by LOTW -- easy and painless if you use one of the logging
programs that talks directly to LOTW!  I use DXKeeper -- FREEWARE --
to talk to LOTW. It's not even close to being adequate for logging a
DXpedition, but you can use N1MM or Writelog for active logging,
then export your log as an ADIF to DXKeeper. VERY easy to do.

And although I've never done it, you can probably use the LOTW
software itself to sign the ADIF file produced by Writelog or N1MM
and send as email to LOTW. That's also pretty painless.

The only PITA thing about LOTW is getting started with it.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC