Topband: FO/N6JA on Topband

To: "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FO/N6JA on Topband
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 07:51:11 -0700
Brad has been pretty active on the HF bands with a pretty good signal
for several years now. When I asked several months ago if he wanted
to try 160, he replied that he didn't have an antenna up. Well, now
he does, and I began seeing spots for him a few weeks ago from VK
(but always when I was still sleeping).

This morning, about an hour before my sunrise, he was spotted by
VK3ZL, just as I was climbing out of bed. A few minutes later, I
became his second stateside QSO. I later heard several others working
him, including W7IUV and W4EF. Brad's signal isn't very strong, but
he's a very good op and seems to hear fairly well.

73,

Jim K9YC