Re: Topband: Inverted L or no Inverted L

Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L or no Inverted L
From: Dave Heil <k8mn@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 00:44:33 +0000
allan1 dejazzd.com wrote:
> I am considering putting up an inverted L, but the XYL won't let me put in
> the radials.  Is there something else I should put up instead?  I assume that
> the inverted L will not work without radials!
>
> Insight would be appreciated
> Thanks
> Allan W2TN

Allan,

You'll need the radials.  *First, let's deal with the phrase "won't let
me".  If you've not given your wife total power of attorney over
yourself, proceed to the material below:

Examine the deed to your property.  If your name appears on it along
with the name of your wife, put the radials in.  If you can't slit the
earth and install them, make some wire hairpins and they'll soon
disappear as the grass grows over them.

*None of the advice I've provided is to be taken seriously.  It is all
intended to be a tongue-in-cheek attempt at humor.  Following any of the
advice I've provided is likely to result in great harm to you.

73,

Dave Heil K8MN