Re: Topband: 756 PROIII

To: "allan1 dejazzd.com" <allan1@dejazzd.com>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 756 PROIII
From: "Harold Smith" <w0rihps@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:50:42 -0500

> Thank you all for your input on the inverted L
> I have the PRO111which has a separate rcv ant input.
>
> Can I assume that when I hook up another antenna such as an ewe or loop to
> the receive antenna input, that the received signals on top band will be a
> a combination of the L and the EWE.
> If so that means that I am not getting the full affect of the EWE. Do I
> need a separate TR switch for 160? To minimize all the other coax lines
> from my other antennas coming into the shack, I use a remote coax switch.
> The above might complicate things since I have a common coax line.
>
> Any thought would be appreciated
>
> Thanks
> Allan W2TN

Allan:

I am not familar with the PRO111, but I would think that the tranceiver must
have a switch to choose between the transmit antenna
and the separate Rx antenna on receive.

One should be careful using this input. The "receive antenna" may be picking
up a lot of RF on transmit.
It could be that the PRO111 switch off the RX antenna on transmit. Most
tranceivers do not.
You could use hi-speed silicon diodes back to back across the receive
antenna input or a "front end saver".
KD9SV makes a very good one. I would prefer the "front end saver".

73.........Price WØRI