Topband: Binocular Xfrmr

To: Top Band <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Binocular Xfrmr
From: "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)" <w5uc@suddenlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:31:31 -0500
Greetings All:

I wound a transformer for my K9AY array on a Mix 73 Binocular core; 3
turns primary & 8 turns secondary, with # 26 wire. It is a miserable
failure on 160, but works well on 75 & 80. Coax is 75 ohms, & load is
500 ohms. Core was protected to prevent scratching the wire. Winding
data is from K9AY site, however, it is for Mix 77 material.  Should I
go to smaller wire, and a turns count of 5 & 13? This turns count has
worked well on a regular toroid of 43 Mix. Please, any suggestions?

73,
Mike, W5UC

"age & treachery will overcome youth & skill"
http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/w5uc/